10.13.2006

From Ricky Carmichael to Ricky Bobby

Probably mentioned this on here before but just to refresh... I grew up racing motocross. Lived and breathed it. Now my friends and I just have XR100's to goof off on but I'll always be a huge fan. That being said, I am NOT a fan of folks riding dirt bikes in national parks and such. I have no idea why they do that. Don't see the fun in it. Dirt bikes are fun on racetracks, not trails. But that's a post for another day. So to get back to what this post is for....

Last week I heard that Ricky Carmichael was going to have a BIG announcement on October 12th. Now I didn't necessarily mark it on my calendar but I was interested. I was hopeful that he had changed his mind and was going to go ahead and race full time for '07. Turns out it was only this: http://www.racerxill.com/articles/detail/1168/rcs-big-announcement.aspx Great. There is no other form of racing that could do such a stellar job of taking the fun and excitement out of watching RC. Maybe some folks are looking forward to watching him drive in a big circle with a bunch of other cars for hours. In fact, I'm sure that's what Jeb here is getting this important call about.


Whut? One o' dem dere motorsickle racers? He whut?! Raced a japuhneez sickle? Well sheee-it.


I'll be watching Ricky Bobby instead. It's got cougars an' shit.
Buddy

No comments: