7.16.2007

todays freakin' world

I've got no idea how this ties to a cycling blog; but it sure fucking pissed me off. To tell the complete story would take way too long so I'll do a bullet list and try to shorten it up:

  • Oldest daughters now 12
  • She got her first hair “style” recently and the ok to wear light makeup
  • Now a 14 year old boy likes her, he’s one of her friends brothers
  • He comes to the house Thursday while I’m out of town to speak to her, she doesn’t want to go out and talk to him (and his friend, he’s important to the story {now known as #1}.)
    Friday they come back to the house and again she doesn’t want to go out; approximate time 6:15 p.m.
  • Approximately 7:00 p.m. I take her to the skating rink. While leaving the ‘hood I saw accomplice #1 walk across the street and hop on a skateboard. As he rides away I notice he’s got the same trucks as my daughter.
  • Hmmm, I think but don’t say a word to my kiddo.
  • When I arrive home sure as shit her skateboards gone.
  • Starsky jumps into action and goes looking for #1.
  • After awhile I can’t find him so I go to #2’s house and talk to his dad since #2’s out skating.
    Tell dad story he assures me his kid wouldn’t do that. (sure)
  • Back on the streets I find #1 on a bike and call #2’s dad. He now says his kid’s home and said #1 wanted to “jack” it for the trucks but that he didn’t see anything. (again...sure.)
  • #1 denies everything and takes off the other way to escape me.
  • He doesn’t, as stated before it’s rained forever here so his tracks into a yard and next to a fence do nothing to hide his tracks but it sure pisses me off.
  • I corner #1 and tell him to take me to his house so off we go. He tries to ditch me several times, but if you’ve seen my TV show you know I know these mean streets like the back of my hand.
  • When asked for his phone number and address he says “I don’t know”. The little fucker’s really pissing me off now.
  • Final ultimatum issued: House or cops.
  • He chooses cops.
  • I ringy-ding 911 and the cop says to let him go and they’ll send someone to the house.
    Sure as shit they do. While she’s there, #2 rolls up on a broken Huffy and says #1 gave this to him last week. The cop’s eye’s go all a glitter. She snags #2 into the car and away they go.
  • #2 says he doesn’t know the kids last name, his phone number, or where he lives. (sure)
  • Cop gets yearbook from the kids school, does her research, drops #2 off at his house, hopefully to an ass whoopin’, and searches for #1. She finds him and he’s still denying everything to the cop and his mother.
  • Cop loads #1 into the car to go to #2’s house to straighten this out; on her way #1’s mom calls and says there’s a board there she’s never seen.
  • They arrive at #1’s house to find my daughters board broken in half, supposedly from a failed trick. (sure)
  • Cop brings the board back and calls #1’s mom while there, she assures me she’ll be in touch by noon the next day and we’ll meet at the shop and get my kid a new board.
  • Of course the bitch doesn’t call; I call her at two, leave voice message, and the dad calls back at 4 and says; “I was texted to call you, I heard my son did something but his mother and I don’t talk so can you tell me what's up?”
  • FUCK YOU PEOPLE, they’re you're fucking kids...TALK OFTEN!
  • I tell him the scoop, and he says he doesn’t have the $50 to take care of the board. (imagine that) “Maybe I can next week” he says. (sure)

I told you it was a long story and sadly with no ending...yet. I’ll post again if the dad comes thru, if not it’s more cop action and maybe a little shit mowing my lawn for the rest of the summer.

As the cowboys say “Fuck with a bull and you’ll get horned”. Next time I hope I can remember to use that fancy little camera that comes with my phone; this would’ve been a killer post with a pic of the little shit. Maybe I’ll get one either at the skateshop or with him mowing my lawn.

No comments: